Army Men things that would make a good final version

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Army Men things that would make a good final version

Post by RangerXT on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 am

Last night i was thinking of some ideas for the final version of the game (the beta is too close to put it in probably) and came up with a list of what could be in it:

1.classic mode:it brings you to a top down perspective like the original one. also you can call in reinforcements can make a squad.

2.classic maps: in the campaign menu when you go to start new game there should be another section for classic maps. they would be a remake of some of the best levels in the series (like army men 2 kitchen level, or army men 3d first level,etc).

3.a mode where it switches the mode to like army men 3d. can't look up or down, weapons are all semi matic (except for like the flamethrower,etc) and the enemies are only 1-2 shots. the camera is the same as army men 3d, the enemies are like the same as army men 3d,etc. basically, the gameplay is like army men 3d. that is all (for now), and i want you to keep up the amazing work. this is like one of the only indie games i actually like and think is playable even in the alpha version and i think your work is up to some famous game developers level for what little you have. maybe even better then some.

bye for now,RangerXT
RangerXT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Army Men things that would make a good final version

Post by Sarge on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:58 pm

I second these Ideas, but adding these things would take more manpower and time away from the MP version

Well you would think anyway

Maybe make these in a later update or something
Sarge

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SirRadec

Back to top Go down

Post by LordIheanacho on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 am

Thanks for the suggestions RangerXT. We will keep that in mind. Although suggestion 3 may be very hard to achieve, perhaps even with mutators (Unreal Engine game modifier perks, as seen in UT3). And as Sarge mentioned, it may also become very time-consuming and eat away our time for working on Army Men Multiplayer.
LordIheanacho
Admin

View user profile http://armymen3.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ImperialKaskins on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:28 am

RangerXT wrote:

3.a mode where it switches the mode to like army men 3d. can't look up or down, weapons are all semi matic (except for like the flamethrower,etc) and the enemies are only 1-2 shots. the camera is the same as army men 3d, the enemies are like the same as army men 3d,etc. basically, the gameplay is like army men 3d. that is all (for now), and i want you to keep up the amazing work. this is like one of the only indie games i actually like and think is playable even in the alpha version and i think your work is up to some famous game developers level for what little you have. maybe even better then some.

bye for now,RangerXT

The 3rd suggestion is basically make what ARMY MEN 3D suppose to be, but I don't think is a good idea.

During that time of era, game engine are not that powerful so prevent them looking up and down.
Why would you want to make it looks left and right only why not include up and down?
If the game engine that time is powerful they (3DO) would make the camera look up and down too.

In Army Men 3d the enemy units are basically a Rifle that closely based off M1Garand Rifle, as you would pull the trigger to fire.
ImperialKaskins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarge on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:44 pm

ImperialKaskins wrote:
In Army Men 3d the enemy units are basically a Rifle that closely based off M1Garand Rifle, as you would pull the trigger to fire.

They do the same sort of thing in the PC version of Army Men, and personally I wouldn't have a problem with this mode at all, you would think though that Army Men III is close enough to Army Men 3D
Sarge

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SirRadec

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny513 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:05 am

I saw your trailer video a couple days ago, idk how far in development you guys are in now but maybe adjust the camera a bit farther away from the character. It looks too much like a Gears of War feeling/visual. Pull back a little bit, something like Star Wars Battlefront or Warhammer 40k Space Marine since Army Men III is a Third Person Shooter.
johnny513

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordIheanacho on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:25 am

Thanks johnny513. We have already altered the camera to function similar to Warhammer 40K not necessarily upon fan request (because we have not heard much responses pertaining to the camera), but mostly because we felt that it did not really give the Army Men feel. It was exactly what you have mentioned - Gears of War gameplay feeling, which conflicts with the fast-paced arcade style of the game. Except better results in the next update release (and a special surprise at the end of the game).
LordIheanacho
Admin

View user profile http://armymen3.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny513 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:17 am

Totally agree! What this will also do is allow the player to see all your art and scenery in the game. In addition, to see how you guys used the unreal engine as well. Not to mention because the player is a little army man, it allows the player to see where they are running and jumping (especially in the Big World if you know what I mean).
johnny513

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EanoTheSoldier on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:56 pm

Is body armor for the player a possibility?

EanoTheSoldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EanoTheSoldier on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Nevermind, I just had to go looking for it.

EanoTheSoldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EanoTheSoldier on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Will there be a reference/appearance ingame or in a cutscene for Major Gooding/Lord Malice?

EanoTheSoldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sludge on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Boxes should be breakable, as well other things. Ammo and weapons could be hidden in them.
Also, I think health should be an item pick up rather than time-healed. May be too late for that, though.

Sludge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top