Keep Crashing At Beach Head Mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keep Crashing At Beach Head Mission

Post by Inverted_Zocky on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:35 am

So far the game is working fine. Okay, theres a few FPS drops here and there and some minor visual and audio glitches, but the game works. And it's fun! Really fun! No major issues. Until I got to mission number 4, Beach Head.

Suddenly the FPS drops like a rock. I'm talking down to single digits. The lag on this level is insane, it's like a slideshow. And as if that wasn't bad enough, it keeps crashing! It crashes frequently and early. Sometimes it crashes before I can even get off the boat!

I was playing with everything set to ultra. The other stages ran fine, but this one runs horribly. So I tried setting all the graphics options to their lowest. Now, the game looked like crap, but it had a consistent framerate on the Beach Head mission. I thought it would be okay. But even though it no longer lags, it still crashes.

The Beach Head mission is unplayable for me in it's current state. I can't continue the campaign.

Is anyone else having issues with mission 4? Anyone have any advice?

Here are my PC's specs, in case you need them.

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X
RAM: 8 GB
Processor: AMD FX-4300 3.80 GHz

Inverted_Zocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep Crashing At Beach Head Mission

Post by Sgt ¼ on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:58 pm

I've never had any problem with this particular mission and yet I have similar pc specs.

The only real difference is that I'm still on windows 8.1
Though I doubt that windows 10 is causing the problem. It might just be your pc having a hard time running this level. There is also the possibility that this level normally cause no problem but it could be more resource hungry, making a pc that is old run the level very slowly. In that case you should try running CCleaner once in a while to clear the useless crap in your pc. You should also defrag the disk from time to time. It could also happen because there's not much space left on your hard drive, it is known that pcs with a more saturated disk are slower. Uninstall programs you don't need and delete other stuff you know longer use.

There are also programs available on the internet that adapt games to your pc, or rather optimize them. I had this problem on another game in which every time a multiplayer game ended, the pc crashed, leaving a red screen of death. I installed AMD Catalyst and never had that red screen again. I suggest you do your a thorough googling before downloading anything though.

If all else fails, revert to your previous os, I've seen guys having problems running their games on windows 10. When they got their old os back, the pc ran the games with out any problem. It's because Windows 10 tend to slow down some computers (But curiously enough, not all #conspiracytheorymaterial)
and it's not yet compatible with every game even when using compatibility mode.

Sgt ¼

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeMenToR on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:59 am

Yeah,I have the EXACT same problem as you.It either crashes before I even get out the boat,either when I reach the next section and the game makes an auto-save,either before I even get to the next section.It used to lag at first,however it doesn't anymore,but it crashes so often it's frustrating.Like you(and anyone else by that matter),I am not able to continue the campaign.I hope a critical update will be made to fix this issue.

DeMenToR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top