[forum game] Count to 100

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [forum game] Count to 100

Post by LordIheanacho on Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:33 pm

Sarge's War was an impressive attempt. More accurate and the least cheesy of the Sarge's Heroes games. However even that game was not without flaws. The voice acting was good for Riff and Sarge, and for once, the soldiers' in-game vocals were actually good. However, the gameplay scripting was disappointing. and the soldiers seem to die in no more than 3 shots on average (or single shot depending on weapon and difficulty) and they only carry a carbine. They were nothing more than meat-shields.
LordIheanacho
Admin

View user profile http://armymen3.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeMenToR on Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:12 pm

...and that's why I was surprised to see how Major Malfunction turned out(although I haven't played it,just saw some videos).I heard that the last 3DO members which joined Global have left the team by the time they started working on MM.

Anyway,talking about Sarge's War,I once got the game to work on Win 7,however without scenes.Today I found the game somewhere and funny enough,it seems to work perfectly on Win 8.1(the setup still doesn't work though)

I always thought it would've been awesome to have a multiplayer client for the game or something,even with only the online maps from the Xbox version it would've been cool.What do you think?

DeMenToR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordIheanacho on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:32 pm

27. We can not do anything about that. Even if we acquired the IP from the franchise, we don't even know the whereabouts of the game engineer, and sometime tells me 2K Games may have deleted the old engine they used for Sarge's War since their acquisition from Take-Two. I may be wrong though.
LordIheanacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeMenToR on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:17 am

28.What do you mean by "may have deleted the old engine"?All I know is Sarge's War was made on the RenderWare engine(which was also used for the classic GTA games).As far as I'm concerned,you don't need the IP to make a multiplayer mode.Just look at projects such as SAMP,it's a multiplayer client for a game made on RenderWare.The client is still running and popular to this day just like the game itself

DeMenToR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordIheanacho on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:53 pm

29. We do need an IP to ensure our game(s) will be marketed properly. The days of popularity from third-party fandom are practically over. AM3's Beta release already demonstrated that. There's barely any publicity or support without a major platform such as Steam. Plus with the IP we don't have to constantly worry about a surprise C&D.

Another reason acquiring the IP will benefit us is because of the series' notoriety. Of course San Andreas Multiplayer got popularity because of a few major things:

- It's an fan-made standalone MP expansion game for GTA: San Andreas, an official game.
- The GTA franchise is already a popular and treasured IP.

For Army Men Extended's case, many still expect the Army Men franchise to be shitty and discarded shovelware and even if that is no longer the case, the property itself is practically at square one obscurity. New generation gamers don't even know much about the franchise, almost as if its a new IP entirely.

Luckily that gives us an element of surprise with this project and leaves more room for mistakes but I want to ensure that if we do make it a major success (or at least Army Men Online), it is done without legal hassle or unethical bargain (Even if T2I likes it and grants us permission they can revoke it anytime or they may want us to turn it into a commercial cash cow which I don't want because they will likely force us to change core aspects of the game that defeats my purpose to work on it in the first place). To best resolve this issue, we will need to acquire the full IP. Some see it as an insane endeavor and unnecessary risk and I don't care. I know how to handle the IP and so it shall be done. Plus there's more I can do with it if I do.
LordIheanacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeMenToR on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Yes,Frank,you need the IP in case you want to move on to serious projects,but an Online adaptation doesn't require you to own the IP of the franchise.Correct me if I'm wrong,though
My point also wasn't SAMP's popularity,just the fact that some fans formed a team and decided to create this adaptation.You could do the same if you have enough resources

DeMenToR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordIheanacho on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:34 am

31. I understand better now.

There is still the issue with acquiring the source files however and RenderWare is no engine I understand all too well either. I did not know Sarge's War even used RenderWare as its game engine.

I am curious... How exactly do you know this?
LordIheanacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeMenToR on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:08 am

Well,the game starts off(or at least the PC version)with a screen saying "RenderWare".The game engine is also specified in the game files

DeMenToR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt ¼ on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:50 am

Nacho,
It took us a full year to count to thirty and yet, we'll all have to leave. You gave up on a dream we all believed in, a shame truly, but I understand your reason. To be completely honest with you, from that moment when we talked on Skype, I knew it would probably end without a proper finish (of course, the general state of things left many hints). It seemed to torment you greatly then and this weight seems to have grown until you could no longer lift it.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm over dramatic, but it really looked like the project was making you anxious. In case you get offended, don't be, it's not my intent (just being clear). You're a hard worker, I know it. And now that you're letting it go away, I must tell you that you chose the right, but painful, option. It's why I believe your next project will definitely succeed, the experience you gained while working on AM III will be of great use to you for Maze Qore.

I want to believe in your new dream, Nacho, know that I'm already eager to see what you will come up with. Lastly, I hope you'll make us another forum for Maze Qore, how will we communicate other wise? Razz
I'll stay here until you decide to close it, or until you create a new forum for the new game. Anyways if you need help with anything send me a pm and I'll gladly reply back with unhelpful cheers! Razz  

BTW, The holidays are coming soon, what do you guys plan to do? I'll take the occasion to just rest and do nothing, haha.
Sgt ¼

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top