Mac beta patch 1.1 instructions doesn't make sense

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mac beta patch 1.1 instructions doesn't make sense

Post by Damiankitai on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi, I've been a good boy and read the "readme" file that comes with patch. It doesn't make any sense in OS X, where there is no "installation folder" for the game. The game is an app, and what comes in the zip is also an app, so if I try to unzip in the same location, it will replace the entire game. Can you please post instructions for OS X on how to install the patch?
Thanks

Damiankitai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mac beta patch 1.1 instructions doesn't make sense

Post by LordIheanacho on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:48 am

My apologies. I do not personally own a Macintosh computer (not to mention I am not much of a Mac user either) and one of my team members that did had since left the team (before the beta was released). It was until I managed to test the game at one of the computers at my college campus that I managed to find issues and a difference with my instructions on the mac. Eventually, I will try to save up enough money to buy a Mac to save me the trouble of finding one to test the game. Otherwise, we could use a beta tester with a Mac computer to test the game before we release any future versions for Mac.
LordIheanacho
Admin

View user profile http://armymen3.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Damiankitai on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:14 am

I'd love to help. My mac is at your service :-)
I downloaded the zip file and There is one single file (I'm not at home now so I don't remember the name and extension) inside a few folders.
In OSX, each app is actually a folder. The folders in the zip appear in the app. All we need is to copy the file in the same path inside the app? I can write "mac friendly" instructions for that. My advice is that you put only the file needed in the zip and a readme with the path in the app. The way you did it (creating an app with only the file inside) can be dangerous, as I wrote earlier, because the patch will replace the entire app if you try to copy or extract to the same place as the game.

Damiankitai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordIheanacho on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Thanks. I will keep that in mind when manually creating any future patches for the game.
LordIheanacho
Admin

View user profile http://armymen3.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top