Zombie Mode Suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zombie Mode Suggestion

Post by Worf on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Hello, I saw the good work that you are doing with Army Men Multiplayer and i also saw the awesome work with the zombies in Army Men III. And after playing Call of Duty: World at War Zombie Mode i da an idea to suggest you, Why not a similar Zombie Mode on the Multiplayer ?

Just imagine a limited ammount of players, from one to four or five, trying to survive unlimited waves of never stopping zombies that, in every round becomes stronger and more deadly, in a small place like a bunker or a building with a dense fog surrounding it and a creepy "silence" ?

If you consider this suggestion i will send you a link to videos of the Zombie Mode of Call of Duty: World  at War for inspiration.

Hope for the best,

Worf.

Worf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Mode Suggestion

Post by LordIheanacho on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 am

We have considered doing that for Army Men Multiplayer, however considering that the Survival mode will make its way into the game (the only "cross-platform game mode"; Appears in both AM3 and AMMP), we imagine something like this would be redundant to add as a seperate game type. However, since Mutators are very useful in the Unreal Engine, we are planning to create one that changes and alters the game mode to support such features.
LordIheanacho
Admin

View user profile http://armymen3.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny513 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:59 am

If your going to make a zombie mode in Army Men III, why make it exactly like CoD zombies when instead follow the current style of the Army Men franchise. Have ants/bugs as zombies or undead Tan Army Men. Maybe use plastic as a money resource to buy guns and bonuses and stuff. For more ideas admins, please let me know.
johnny513

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordIheanacho on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:01 pm

johnny513 wrote:If your going to make a zombie mode in Army Men III, why make it exactly like CoD zombies when instead follow the current style of the Army Men franchise. Have ants/bugs as zombies or undead Tan Army Men. Maybe use plastic as a money resource to buy guns and bonuses and stuff. For more ideas admins, please let me know.
That is what we intend to do. Players can alter the survival mode to do just that. By default, the Survival mode is just basically an all-out-war of various monsters encountered throughout the campaign mode (depending on the NPC settings). Think Unreal Tournament 2004's Invasion game type and how you can also choose which monsters will spawn in the waves as well as add in your own custom monsters, with a mixture of Call of Duty's Zombies mode (excluding the 4-5 player limit). There is also a currency system in the works that works for such the purpose of purchasing weapons, powerups, and other extras.
LordIheanacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny513 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Awesome! That gives player the options to practice against certain enemies or see how long they can last against a type of enemy. So you guys are using Unreal Engine for this game? And I already assume you guys are doing a mix of plastic world and the big world in terms of levels for this "zombie mode" and other game types.
johnny513

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordIheanacho on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:06 am

Correct. This game is utilizing the Unreal Engine 3 (Unreal Development Kit) and we do in fact intend to make a variation of the Plastic and Real world multiplayer levels.
LordIheanacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper DaGhost on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 pm

How about having a mode where you can go in with whatever loadout you want? That is one thing that frustrated me in Call of Duty zombies, and I think it would be a lot of fun to start out with weapons that would take a while to get otherwise. Also, what if you had the option to change how long the prep time is between rounds, so people can have a non-stop challenge, or have plenty of time to set traps, buy weapons etc.

How about AI reinforcement? Paratroopers, Mini-portals, a mini molding machine (RTS anyone?) could all be used to bring small AI teams to support you.

Map suggestions (Just throwing them out there)...
Sandbox, Basement, Attic, Playground, Deserted Island, Bombed out city, Canyon, Forward Operating Base, Walk in Closet, Pool Table, Under a bed, on top of a bed, Inside a minivan, kitchen countertop (stove traps!),  army men hospital(grey doctor's lab?), POW camp,  garage, treehouse, In the graveyard (Army men 3d), on a desk(classic).

Thoughts?
Casper DaGhost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordIheanacho on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Most of these we have already planned to add in the Survival mode for Army Men Multiplayer. Though the molding machine and mini-portals are useful ideas...
LordIheanacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper DaGhost on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Node-capture mode, eh? Yeah, I thought you would have most of the map ideas already, but like I said, I was just throwing them out there.

How about a level where the one half is a real world area, and the other is Army Men world?
It could be just a wall separating the two, with a portal covering a hole in that wall, without any real level-hopping. Lighting and portal position could be tricky for it to work, but I have never made a game, so I really can't say what can be done.
Casper DaGhost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top